Nightclub and Event DJ Work
I am an award winning nightclub and Event DJ, with over 20 years of professional experience.
With a history of performing to large crowds and small gatherings alike, I have held long residencies playing everything from party classics and current hits to 60s, rock n roll, indie, jazz, motown, funk and soul – or all of the above. I am a competent microphone performer, and am happy to provide as much – or as little – microphone work as required by the client.
I was awarded Barvest DJ of the Year in 2004
- Begin DJing in 1983 whilst still at school
- Turned full time professional in 1987
- In 1990, I co-launched the first student night in Cambridge with CUSU (Cambridge University Students Union) at Cinderellas Rockerfellas (now Ballare, and why the club has been known ever since to Cambridge Students as “Cindies”).
- In 1993 launched the first student night for Anglia Ruskin University with ASU (Anglia Students Union) at Chicago Rock Cafe in Cambridge and went on to DJ this night for a further 6 years, smashing all club attendance records
- From 1997 until 2001 I was Saturday night resident DJ at The Venue, UKC, at the time the largest purpose built student nightclub in the UK
- Devised and launched the first Fat Poppadaddys clubnight at The Fez Club in Cambridge in 1999.
- Between 1999 and 2010, I launched Fat Poppadaddys, and various spin off nights in over 25 venues nationwide, making it one of, if not the leading alternative club night in the country.
- Awarded Barvest DJ of the year, 2004
- Devised and Launched Secret Discotheque in 2007, still one of the leading clubnights in Brighton
- Sold the Fat Poppadaddys business in 2010, but continue to provide club consultancy and DJ services on a freelance basis
If you’d like to book me for your clubnight or event, please contact me using the contact form. I can cover virtually any event type and any music style and will be very happy to advise what may be best for you and your event.
I’ve been featured in the press many times during my career, but most of my clippings went with the Fat Poppadaddys archive when I left the business in 2010. I’ve managed to find a few items which are shown below